Monday, September 15, 2008

God’s Key to Health and Happiness by Elmer A. Josephson, © 1962, 1976 Bible Light Publications.

I’ve been recently diagnosed with a grave illness. During this season of my life, I’ve received many books as gifts of encouragement, generously given by caring friends. Included were inspirational stories and other types of self-help books. Perhaps because of the provocative title or the bright cover art, God’s Key to Health and Happiness stood out from the others.

Written decades before The Maker’s Diet, by Jordan Rubin, God’s Key to Health and Happiness was literally years ahead of it’s time. (Note the copyright year) Elmer Jospheson, an ordained Baptist minister and a graduate of Bethel Institute in St. Paul, Minnesota felt compelled to write his book after his own poor health prompted him to seek a cure within God’s Word. When he applied what he’d learned in his studies and added sixty years to his life and ministry.

I believe we can all agree that the Bible is an instruction book—an owner’s manual, if you will, for the care and upkeep of these “jars of clay” as Paul describes our physical nature. In his book, Mr. Josephson reiterates biblical truth, and that adherence to God’s simple principles is the KEY to our physical health and happiness. The soundness of our bodies depends on how many worldy indulgences we’d be willing to exchange for tried and true promises of God. Even the depression and fear that we live with day to day can be blamed on our poor nutritional choices and stubborn unwillingness to surrender into God’s will.
Dr. Josephson clearly upholds that our spiritual condition is established only through salvation in the name of Jesus Christ. However, our health and happiness in this life depends largely on what we eat and we how consume our food. The near epidemic prevalence of heart disease and cancer can be attributed to our bad choices. Science would seem to support Josephsons’ conjectures.
I have radically altered my eating habits based on Dr. Josephson’s book and have witnessed remarkable results in my own recovery.

Josephson also studied at the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago and lived in Israel for a number of years. He was also the founder and director of Bible Light, Incorporated and organization dedicated to advance understanding among the peoples of the world.

This book is currently out of print, and Amazon.com is the only place that I know of where this title can still be had for as little as $.02 used. I would encourage anyone to invest the two cents for this life-changing book.

3 comments:

  1. I think I'll check out this book. As we age, I guess we become more interested in God's key. Too bad we're not as in tune with health in our thirties. Thanks for the recommendation & praying for your complete recovery
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all my allergies, I am always browsing for better ways to eat. I've nearly (not quite)stopped buying processed foods. I've discovered cooking with all natural or organic foods certainly makes me feel healthier.

    Now when I eat out or eat store bought food, I break out in hives.

    Next thing to work on...eating more vegetables. <>< <>< <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding health information and following it has certainly been a benefit to you. Your recent tests prove the advice you received from your reading worked for you.

    I'm going to check Amazon.com and see if I can find a copy for myself.

    Keep following his advice. I like your healthy glow.

    ReplyDelete

Writing Tip of the Day



________________