Saturday, June 27, 2009




A Soldiers Reunion
By Cheryl Wyatt
Reviewed by Sue Watson

A Soldier’s Reunion is the fourth book in the “Wings of Refuge” series set in Refuge, Illinois.

A bridge collapse reunites Dr. Mandy Manchester and Army pararescue jumper, Nolan Briggs.

Ten years earlier, they’d parted as high school sweethearts and had no contact since. Misunderstanding and pain stands between them, threatening a renewed relationship.

Cheryl Wyatt’s former career as a registered nurse gives authenticity to the medical aspects of the story. Familiar characters from the previous three books add to the enjoyment of the book.

From a writer’s prospective, I found Ms Wyatt’s book full of examples of good writing techniques that I could use to improve my own writing. My copy has pink sticky notes protruding from almost every page. I was especially impressed with her use of metaphors that reflected the medical field and the local setting.

In spite of my stopping to mark examples I liked, I enjoyed the book. I’ve heard the suggestion before of marking a good book to learn about writing, but this is the first time I have done it. I think I chose well. I’m hoping there will be a book five. Perhaps I will be able to resist the temptation to fill it with sticky notes.

Hurry out and purchase the book before it leaves the shelves, or go to her website http://www.cherylwyatt.com/. Then settle down in a comfortable spot and enjoy the read with or without sticky notes.

1 comment:

Writing Tip of the Day



________________