Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Slow Burn by Mary DeMuth

A Slow Burn by Mary DeMuth is the second book about a young girl who disappears. This first book was Daisy Chain.

This book focuses on her mother as the authorities search for the missing child. Characters from the first book are reintroduced in such a way that reminds the reader of incidents from the first book, such as the painting of her house.

Besides being a great read, the writer can learn how to effectively write a second book a year after the first is published. There were no gaps or need to return to the first book in order to remember what happened in the first story.

This is a book of regrets from a mother who wishes she'd done a better job of loving her daughter. You won't be able to put it down once you start it, so give yourself plenty of time to read it.

2 comments:

  1. I love sequels. I enjoy revisting characters that I have grown close to. I've heard this author mentioned in our critique group many times. I will have to read one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series sounds like something I'd enjoy. Thanks for recommending it.

    ReplyDelete

Writing Tip of the Day



________________