Saturday, May 16, 2009

Putting Your Passion into Print

Several months ago, I purchased the book "Putting Your Passion into Print" by Arielle Eckstut & David Henry Sterry. I had a stack to read, so this one was postponed. To be perfectly honest, I thought it was a book about adding more "passion" or emotion to your characters. I'm always looking for help in that department.

The book surprised me and decribed the pathway to publication from researching your original idea to selling your first book and beyond. I like the way the authors tell you what to say when you call an editor, whether a contract is good, and how to counter if it isn't, when and why you should have an agent. Another touch that heightened my interest was the many, many good quotes throughout the book.

As I gleaned the wisdom from the pages, my first thought was I'm glad I'll have this to go back and review when I get a contract. My next thought was I need to loan this to a good friend who recently received her first contract. On advice from Eckstut and Sterry, I decided to send a query about my latest WIP to two small presses that might be interested.

"Putting your Passion into Print" has found a place in my reference library, until I'm well on my way with several published books. I might even check back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Tip of the Day



________________